Sunday, July 24, 2011

Today, isn't a great day.

I hate that this blog is becoming more about me than my kids. Maybe the Lavender is the whole family? 2 Males, 2 Females and a cat? He's neutral. lol. I hate today. Just in the general sense every year, today sucks. Today is July 24th. It is 4 days before my birthday. Today is also the 6th anniversary of the day I lost one of the most important people in my life, my grandmother, my Nanny. I talked to her that morning and she was getting ready for church and when I tried to call her that evening, she didn't answer. My mom, who worked graveyards at the time, thought it was odd as well and went over to her house on her way to work and found her. She had heart attack. It was the worst day of my life. I ran out of my house with Jerry hot on my feet demanding to drive because I was so hysterical. I didn't even have on shoes. We buried her on July 27th, the day before my 19th birthday. That was also the last time I saw my step-dad but that is a WHOLE different story and we will not go there.
Then today, I wake up with a horrendous migraine. Ugh. Jerry is also at work so I got the kiddos by my lonesome. That's hard with a headache.
I just pray today gets better. It's hard enough to deal with this every year, and this year, I have my Bella Bug. It does cushion some of the hurt, but her middle name is Faye, which was my Nanny, and she has her spirit. My Bella Faye is so 'opinionated' if you will. She knows what she wants, that was Nanny. I miss her everyday and I just wish my babies could have met her.
This is a magnet on my mom's fridge. I don't have a pic of Nanny but my mom took this pic of her magnet and that's my mom on the left, my Nanny on the right.
I miss you everyday and there isn't a day I don't think about you, especially now that I am a mom. I love u Nanny!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry about your Grandmother. I think it's really great that you remember her...

    You have adorable kids!

    ReplyDelete