Friday, July 1, 2011

Day 4 – Your favorite photograph of your best friend.

Friends come and go. Having kids has made me really understand friends. I don't have the friends I used to and I do get down about that a lot. Sometimes, I just feel like I need someone to talk to that isn't Jerry. I need to reconnect with some of my closer friends.
Since the kids though, my 'friends' have become something more of what I do to pass time when I am not with the kids or they are asleep. Friends are supposed to be your escape.

My Kindle.
I love this thing like no other. I've had it since Summer of 2009 and I have got my money's worth. I don't get to read like I did before the kids but when I do, I wear it out. I love to read and this thing is AWESOME.

Facebook.
Yeah, I get what you are thinking, but when I do actually talk to tangible people who aren't my husband, mom, or mother in law, this is where I am. It's the perfect social lifeline between the SAHM of twins and the world.
Can't forget my monkey and my bug. They make me who I am. I wanted one baby, I was terrified for 2, now I can't picture my life without them.

Lastly, I cannot forget God. He has honestly been the only person I can turn too. When I cannot talk to Jerry or anyone else, He listens. Whether the prayers are answered or not, I can at least get what I have to off my chest. THAT, my friend, is a true friend. When I saw only one set of footprints, it was then that He carried me. He's been doing that a lot lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment