Sunday, October 2, 2011

It happened.

So the last few entries, I've been hoping and praying that my next one would be good news. Well, it isn't. Jerry is still looking for a job. He had a few promising talks but so far nothing has come of any of it. He contacted the district manager of Hardee's last week and they are looking for GM's in a local store and some about an hour away. Either way, we wouldn't have to move. Those are good paying jobs too and he has restaurant management experience, but they are not GM experience so I don't know how it will turn out. He sent in his resume and I'm hoping for a call this week. We did talk to the recruiter, and it went surprisingly well. Of course he is supposed to make it 'feel' like it's a great decision but he really didn't sugar coat anything for me. Jerry would have signed the papers right then if he could have. The recruiter took his measurements and he has to loose 2-3 inches around his mid-section to enlist. He has been cutting calories and walking/jogging ever since. I love this motivation. I've even tried the dieting, not as strict as him, just cutting back but I have went along on the walks and jogs. Maybe I can get in shape too and at least, physically, I will feel better. But as the title say 'It happened'. I called and put all possible payments to anything on hold. I took the house off automatic draft because I knew it wouldn't be paid. We were able to defer one car payment so we will not have on this month. We got a small credit on our cell bill because of our situation AND we made a split decision last week to have a yard sale this weekend to pay our house payment BUT the home phone/cable/Internet bundle? We lost it. We got up early Friday morning for the yard sale (4 am early) and at around 4:30, I was on FB posting about the yard sale and all was well. About 7 am I was outside yard sale-in and I was trying to get on FB on my phone and my wireless wasn't connecting and I just thought I was too far away. Later the phone rang and it was answered and it was for Jerry. He was out at an interview so when I hung up I tried to call him from the house phone and it said it was disconnected. I can receive calls until like Oct. 15th but I cannot make them from my home phone. Jerry got home and I told him and he asked about the TV. I said I wasn't sure so he came inside to check. Sure enough, TV was off too. We tried to see if we could just get the TV hooked back up but we can't. We cannot even pay a portion of the bill. Other wireless services are saving my Internet right now, but mine is disconnected. We at least need the Internet so Jerry can still look for jobs online. As for the yard sale, we made just enough for the house payment. We are having one again this Saturday at my in laws. She lives on a main road in the next city so maybe we will do well. I hope so. We had lots of stuff left.
Ya know, I KNEW it was bad but actually having something cut off by the providers just seals it for me. Friday night I cried and cried. Not because we lost our cable and phone, we can live without those thing, but because it made this whole situation just all too real. I was still holding out hope but it never came. It just discourages everything. We worked so hard and it's just like it was for nothing. Jerry's answer is still the army. I think I am OK with that. He WANTS to do it and who am I to tell him he can't do something? But at the same time, I want my kids to be close to their grandparents. I want to still be close to home. If he wanted to do this back when it was just me and him, I would have rushed him to sign the papers. But now it isn't and Kaleb and Bella will suffer too if WE make this decision. I don't know what I want at this point. It's so hard to be positive when you have to at least figure out how to pay the house payment, car payment, car insurance, utilities, cell phone, gas, and groceries every month. That's the bare minimum. I'm just lost on what to do, so I guess I'll stop here and of course give you guys some pix.
A friend of mine posted on FB that she was giving away some Halloween costumes her kids had. I was 1st to comment! I need 2 of the 4 because I didn't know if my kids were gonna even get costumes this year because of all this. She brought them to me Saturday and my mother in law HAD to try them on while we were out having the yard sale! Enjoy.
ROARRRRR!

BUZZZZZZZ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment