Thursday, August 11, 2011

It's been a year.

It's been 1 whole year since heaven received one of the most beautiful souls ever to grace this earth, my baby brother Tyler. He showed us more in his 12 years of life than we will ever learn in our entire lifetimes all put together. No matter how much pain he was in, he was ALWAYS smiling. I've never seen a happier child. He cared for his family deeply.
I remember this day 1 year ago. I was taken off work early so I could relax at then end of my pregnancy. I was EXACTLY 3 weeks from the arrival of Kaleb & Bella, although I didn't know it yet. My dad called me and told me that he may not make it through the day. Jerry & I rushed over there. It was so sad and somber. I can still feel the huge wall of emotions crashing into me by walking in that house. There were family there as well as some of his hospice. I walked over and kissed him and he did what he did best, he looked at me and smiled. Always a smile. It was quiet and we sat for a few hours and then the mood lightened. Everyone started to talk. We discussed my twins and their impending arrival. Everyone talked and everyone laughed. Knowing Tyler's spirit, he couldn't leave us sad. He waited until everyone was happy, smiling and laughing before he made his exit. I can imagine him telling the angels 'Just wait. I know they will be laughing soon, give me until then'. It all became somber again when everyone stopped laughing and we discovered he had stopped breathing. I remember when my grandmother died, the last line in her bulletin from the funeral home said 'God breaks our hearts to prove that He only takes the best.' Tyler was just another piece of God's grand puzzle. I learned more in the 12 years of his life than I will ever learn. He taught us so much. I believe in miracles and Tyler was this families miracle.
I miss you everyday little brother and I am so glad you are in heaven and do not have all the restrictions this world put on you. I can imagine you running and talking and I bet you never get tired of it, you have years to make up for after all. I cannot wait until we meet again. I LOVE YOU.

From Tyler's funeral home bulletin....
Little Angels
'When God calls little children
to dwell with him above,
We mortals sometimes question
the wisdom of His love.
For no heartache compares to the
death of one small child,
who does so much to make our world
seem wonderful and mild.
Perhaps God tires of calling the aged to His fold,
so he picks a rosebud before it can grow old.
God knows how much we need them,
and so He takes but a few,
to make the land of heaven
more beautiful to view.
Believing this is difficult still somehow we must try,
the saddest word mankind knows will always be "Goodbye".
So when a little child departs,
we who are left behind,
must realize God loves children,
Angels are
hard to find.'
RIP Little Brother
In Loving memory of Tyler Adam Willis
February 6th 1998 - August 11th 2010


{Got these pix from my stepmom, Tyler's mother.}

 Tyler & his Twin brother Thomas.

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet angel your brother is. May he fly high and watch over your family <3

    ReplyDelete